Community Engagement & Public Consultation Policy
The City of Unley's Community Engagement and Public Consultation Policy
All councils in South Australia are required to have a community consultation policy in accordance with the Local Government Act 1999. The City of Unley's current Consultation Policy centres on the following principles:
- The community has a right to contribute to and be informed about key decisions affecting the local area.
- The community is to be provided with adequate information in order to make informed opinions.
- Appropriate and timely opportunities are to be provided for people to gain access to information and to be involved.
- The Council has a responsibility to consider all submissions in a balanced way, and recognises that community opinion is one aspect of the decision-making process.
- Consultation processes will be open, accountable and within resource constraints.
- The community will be advised of significant decisions which have involved a community consultation process, and there will be readily available public access to the outcomes of all consultation programs.
Click here to view policy