New residents to Unley should feel welcome. Everyone should feel a sense of inclusion and identity with their neighbourhood and the City of Unley as a whole.
Citizens from all cultural backgrounds and abilities should have the same rights and opportunities to participate and contribute to our community.
Citizens of Unley should enjoy safety, security and stability in their environment, particularly in a society that has experienced, and continues to experience, rapid and major social and economic change.
- Understand and respond to the diverse needs of the community in an appropriate and balanced manner.
- Enhance the wellbeing of the community though facilitating the provision of appropriate services and facilities and opportunities for involvement.
- Provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to participate meaningfully in community life.
- Build partnerships with and facilitating links between service providers, adjoining councils and other spheres of government to optimise services.
- Maintain effective policy integration across Council and regularly evaluating our performance to better meet community needs.