Unley Business and Economic Development Committee
The Unley Business and Economic Development Committee aims to re-establish, enhance and sustain the City's position in the retail and commercial business market place; and develop and adopt strategies to:
- focus strategic management decisions on the commercial precincts
- develop, manage, co-ordinate and fund economic development initiatives which recognise local differences
- continually refine and redefine the strategic management framework for each precinct in response to changes in circumstances.
A Presiding member is elected by Council from amongst the Elected Member representatives or the City Wide Business representative members at the first meeting for a term not exceeding two years. At the expiration of the term of office the Presiding member is eligible for reappointment.
- The five (5) independent representatives should, demonstrate relevant business and/or economic knowledge to represent the business community in the Council area, in: Information Technology, Place Activation, Public Relations/Media, Planning Policy and Leasing.
- The five (5) Trader representatives – must be a property owner, business owner or employee based on the respective Road.
- One must be from the Unley Road Association Inc.
- One must be from the Goodwood Central Traders and Services Association Inc.
- One must be from the King William Road Traders Association Inc.
- One must be from the Glen Osmond Road Precinct Association Inc.
- One must be from the Fullarton Road South Traders Association Inc.
- Four elected members and His Worship the Mayor (ex officio)
The new term is for the period 1 February 2013 up to 30 December 2014.
The new term will likely see the committee meet at 6pm on the first Wednesday of each second month (bi monthly) at the Unley Civic Centre (except the months of December and January).
For further information phone the Unley Business and Economic Development Committee Executive Officer, Matt Grant on 8372 5431 or 0423 783 463.
Presiding member: Councillor John Koumi
- Mayor Lachlan Clyne (ex officio member)
- Councillor Don Palmer (Elected Member representative)
- Councillor Anthony Lapidge (Elected Member representative)
- Councillor Rufus Salaman (Elected Member representative)
- Mr Chris Vounasis (Independent representative)
- Mr Phillip Brunning (Independent representative)
- Mr Andre Stuyt (Independent representative)
- Mr Andrew Bahr (Independent representative)
- Ms Gabrielle Leonello (Independent representative)
- Mr James Morris (Unley Road Association representative)
- Mr Sean Bushby (Goodwood Central Traders & Services Association representative)
- Mr Craig Phillips (King William Road Traders Association representative)
- Mr Patrick Weaver (Glen Osmond Road Precinct Association representative)
Ms Angela Winters (Fullarton Road SouthTrader Association representative)