Tech Help Start
Next date: Saturday, 11 December 2021 | 10:00 AM
to 12:00 PM
Do you need help with your laptop, tablet or phone? We can help you with 25-minute one-on-one sessions where you can bring your device and ask questions to our dedicated Tech Help tutors. Our sessions are offered as a drop-in, first come, first served basis. You will be asked to take a number on arrival and customers will be helped in numerical order. Our Tech Help sessions are offered at a beginner level, with Tech Help Start, and at a more complex level with Tech Help Plus.
Days and times may differ over weeks and months due to the availability of the tutors.
Tech Help Start is perfect for complete beginners and for those who are new to smartphones, tablets, or computers, and need some help in learning how it all works. We can assist with queries about email, social media, browsing the internet, managing files on your computer, and more.
For most queries, you will need your Apple ID and password for iPhones and iPads, or your Google Gmail address and password for Android smartphones and tablets.
In this current climate we are having to take some extra precautions to make sure that we are keeping all our customers safe, as well as our staff and volunteers. Therefore, we are implementing some compulsory hygiene measures for all Tech Help sessions, including:
- Tech Help sessions will be held in our Tech Lab training room at Unley.
- Tutors will be wiping down surfaces, computers, and washing their hands in between customers.
- All sessions will need to finish on time, to allow the tutors time to clean in between sessions.
- We ask that all customers sit alongside their tutor (not face-to-face) and give as much space that is reasonable and practical between you.
- All customers must either wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser prior to their session. These facilities will be available to you.
- If bringing your own device, all customers must wipe their device down with our cleaning wipes. These will be available to you, and are made especially for computer and tablet screens and keyboards.
- Customers will be asked to handle their own devices as much as possible. When tutors are needing to handle any devices, they will be using their own stylus.
- If you are unwell, please do not come in.
Drop-in, 25 minute sessions. Days and times are subject to change.
Tech Lab, Unley Civic Library, 181 Unley Road, Unley
Free, for further information, phone 8372 5100 or visit the Libraries.
Saturday, 27 November 2021 | 10:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
Monday, 06 December 2021 | 02:00 PM
- 04:00 PM
Saturday, 11 December 2021 | 10:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
Unley Civic Library, 181 Unley Road, Unley 5061 View Map