Need some inspiration? Here’s a list of 21 things to do in the City of Unley.
1. Have a stroll across our beautiful suburbs and see what’s growing in the edible orchards at Morrie Harrell Reserve in Ramage Street, Unley and at Fullarton Park in Fisher Street, Fullarton.
2. Slide, roll and play on lots of fun equipment at the Katherine Street playground in Fullarton. Rocks, logs, sensory planting and a sandpit provide an area where the kids can interact with nature.
3. Ride the mini trains at SASMEE Park in Millswood Crescent, Millswood, operating on the 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday of every month. Take a picnic lunch while the kids enjoy the playground.
4. Fly a kite, do Tai-Chi or walk in the open space areas at Ridge Park or Orphanage Park; they're perfect locations for exercise or just relaxing.
5. Pick up some fresh produce from the Adelaide Showgrounds Farmers' Market, held every Sunday on Leader Street, Goodwood.
6. Experience the change of seasons sitting on a bench in beautiful Heywood Park and get up close to artworks like 'Echo'. Test your physical skills on the 'ninja warrior' exercise course in the playground, it's fun for all ages.
7. Ride part of Adelaide's most popular cycling track, the Mike Turtur Bikeway, from Black Forest to Wayville, or venture further into the park lands around the city. Now there's a network of interconnecting bikeways for safe, easy travelling, by bicycle, or on foot for active walkers.
8. With a wonderful array of play equipment, the Princess Margaret playground at Black Forest is a hidden gem. The kids will love it, trust us!
9. Unley and Goodwood Roads offer kilometres of amazing shopping, where you'll discover the best cafes, restaurants, fashion boutiques, health and fitness centres - and so much more. Start early at one end, have a sumptuous lunch and wander back down the other side in the afternoon.
10. Check out our Book Nooks! They're little boxes full of books for you to borrow, read and enjoy. There are 4 nooks located around Unley. You'll find them at the Leicester Street playground in Parkside, at Fern Avenue Reserve in Fullarton, in Heywood Park at Hyde Park and at the Clarence Park Community Centre.
11. We have two outdoor ping pong tables. Feel free to use them at Council's Civic Centre in Oxford Terrace, Unley and at the Fullarton Park Community Centre on Fullarton Road in Fullarton.
12. Walk the Discover Historic Unley trail and pop in to the Museum at 80 Edmund Avenue Unley to discover more about your neighbourhood.
13. See what you can find at Ridge Park in Myrtle Bank. Discover the 250 year-old ‘eucalyptus microcarpa’ tree or the giant lizards hiding in the playground.
14. Head to Unley or Goodwood Ovals to practice your football or cricket skills, or just enjoy a stroll.
15. Your best friend needs exercise too! Take your dog to one of our great parks. If they like a run off the lead, you can find details for off-leash times on our Dog Exercise Area page.
16. Search for a good book at any of Unley's wonderful libraries and enjoy it at the Village Green in Rugby Street, Unley.
17. Unley has so many great places for kids. In Orphanage Park in Millswood, they can build a cubby-house, catch tadpoles and make mud pies.
18. Try out one of the huge range of diverse activities and workshops held across our Community Centres. Whether it's a self-defence or mindfulness class, music or art activities, book clubs, physical fitness sessions, the list of programs is enormous - and many are free.
19. Walk the Windsor Street trail from Fern Avenue Reserve to Unley Road and appreciate the native plants along the way. Discover walking trails featuring artworks hidden among the foliage.
20. Climb the stairs of the new grandstands at Unley and Goodwood Ovals just to enjoy the view.
21. Open the lid to discover what’s inside the Toy Boxes at Ridge Park, Unley Village Green, Soutar Park and Forestville Reserve.