Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene
The patron is responsible for adhering to social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines:
- Always keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others. Please refer to the booking tool for maximum swimmers per lane / area of the facility.
- Adhere to assigned entry and exit points
- Shower before arriving at the centre
- Stay home, do not attend your booked session and seek testing if you have the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- Chills and body aches or muscle pain
- A sore throat
- Runny nose
- Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
- Vulnerable and elderly people with chronic health conditions should speak to their doctor about what is appropriate for them prior to using the facility.
For all activities at the Unley Swimming Centre, pre-bookings are required.
All Lap Swimming, Recreation Swimming, Squad Swimming, Rehabilitation, Aquarobics and Yoga bookings are made through Nabooki.
For Swim School, Private Lessons and Birthday Parties, bookings need to be made with the Aquatic Services Officer via email (email@example.com) or on 0458 877 222 during contact hours.
Bookings open 120 hours (5 days) prior to the session commencing and close one-hour prior to start time.
We encourage patrons paying casually for entry to use contactless payment where possible.
Entrance and Exit Procedures
Entry to the centre will be permitted 15 minutes prior to the start of the booked session. Once the current session has been completed and the pool vacated, patrons will then be given access to the water.
A time limit of 2 hours is currently in place to visit the centre, this is inclusive of 30 minutes to use the change rooms.
As per the Unley Swimming Centre Supervision Policy, children under the age of 10 must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
Swimmers under 10 years of age can be accompanied by one parent or guardian who is not swimming. There are allocated seats on pool deck for the supervising parent/guardian.
Swimmers can be accompanied by one carer.
If the carer is required to enter the water, they must also book an entry to the requested session at no cost. If they are not required to enter the water, there are allocated seating areas on pool deck for supervision.
Under The South Australian Carers Recognition Act 2005 a carer is defined as the following:
- a person is a carer for the purposes of this Act if he or she is a natural person who provides ongoing care or assistance to—
- a person who has a disability within the meaning of the Disability Inclusion Act 2018; or
- a person who has a chronic illness, including a mental illness within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1993; or
- a person who, because of frailty, requires assistance with the carrying out of everyday tasks; or
- a person of a class prescribed by regulation.
Access to change facilities is available at all times to patrons, however please endeavor to arrive ready for an activity. Locker access is available and storage of clothes is permitted in the change rooms.
The Unley Swimming Centre Café offers pre-packed food, drinks, ice creams, confectionary and coffee. Please remember any consumption within the centre needs to be seated.