Unley News

Seeking Expressions of Interest for Council Assessment Panel Members

The City of Unley is seeking to appoint four people to its Council Assessment Panel in the roles of Independent Presiding Member and Independent Members commencing in March 2019.
The Independent Presiding Member and three Independent Members should have a reasonable knowledge of the operation and requirements of the Development Act 1993 and relevant provisions of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016. They are also required to have relevant qualifications in planning or a planning related field (e.g architecture, environmental management, planning law).   
Applicants should also be familiar with the City of Unley Development Plan and satisfy the requirements for an Assessment Panel Member contained in the proposed Planning, Development and Infrastructure (Accredited Professionals) Regulations 2018.
Residents of the City of Unley who possess the required knowledge, experience and qualifications are particularly encouraged to apply.
It is expected that the Panel will meet for approximately three hours per month, with reading time for meeting papers required prior to each meeting. Council Assessment Panel Members will be appropriately remunerated.
Council will select the Presiding Member from the successful Independent applicants. Applicants should indicate whether they wish to be considered for this role. The final membership of the Panel will be determined by Council following the conclusion of the November 2018 Council elections.
Please submit your confidential application outlining your qualifications and experience and any particular nights of the month that you would be unable to attend meetings. 
Expressions of interest should be forwarded to:
Council Assessment Panel Expression of Interest
Attn: Peter Tsokas,
Chief Executive Officer
City of Unley
PO Box 1, Unley SA 5061
Applications will be received until 5pm Friday 30 November 2018.
If you have any queries please contact Paul Weymouth, Council’s Manager Development and Regulatory, on 8372 5432.