Take the pledge
In 2016, the City of Unley developed the Take the Pledge program in partnership with KESAB environmental solutions to encourage and foster sustainable behaviour change, focusing on household waste and recycling.
Designed with community-based social marketing principles, the program now has more than 1900 participating households in the City of Unley, who have committed to recycling more and diverting as much organic material as possible to the green bins.
Register to take the pledge
Take the pledge by completing the online form below. Pledge takers will receive stickers to place on their green or yellow-lidded bin to demonstrate their commitment to reducing landfill.
The next round of inspections will start in April/May 2021.
Over 400 prizes ($25 Mitre 10 Barrow & Bench gift vouchers) have been awarded to date. So come on, it’s time to Take the Pledge, and you too could be a winner.
Take the pledge now
A recent analysis of the program data by Colby Phillips Advisory, has found that pledged households (over 1800 households to date) are collectively diverting a whopping 422 tonnes of waste from landfill each year in comparison the households in the City of Unley that have not taken the Pledge. Well done!
The research also shows a 15% reduction in residual waste sent to landfill since the Take the Pledge program was launched in 2016.
These results are incredibly promising. Imagine what we could achieve if more households in the City of Unley join in and Take the Pledge.
More about KESAB
KESAB environmental solutions have been working in partnership with the City of Unley for almost 10 years, delivering a range of tailored waste and recycling education programs to schools, community, and businesses.
These programs engage residents, students, school staff, business owners, and those working in the City of Unley to better understand sustainable waste and recycling practices and to actively participate in diverting as much waste from landfill as possible.
For more information about KESAB school and community education programs, visit the KESAB Community and School webpages.
Take the Pledge Terms and Conditions
The promoter is the City of Unley, 181 Unley Road, Unley SA 5061, and KESAB Environmental Solutions, 214 Grange Road, Flinders Park SA 5025.
- Entry is available only to City of Unley residents.
- All Unley Council residents who pledge their commitment will go in the draw to win one of ten $25 gift vouchers from Mitre 10 (Barrow & Bench, Malvern).
- A total of 50 prizes will be available over each competition period.
How to enter
- Using the City of Unley website, entrants must submit the Take the Pledge online form.
- No responsibility will be accepted for late, or misdirected entries or entries sent but not received by The City of Unley.
- All Unley Council residents who pledge their commitment will be sent a sticker to place on your bins to demonstrate their commitment to reducing landfill.
Competition timeline and structure
- Only residents who have completed and submitted a Take the Pledge form can enter.
- Only bins with the Pledge sticker will be able to be included in the judging
- Pledges received via the inline form will be organised by the judges into groups defined by collection day.
- A collection day will then be selected by random, with up to 10 households within that group chosen for inspection.
- The selected households will be allocated a number from 1 up to 10 and inspected in order from number 1 to 10. The first house inspected in the group that is deemed by the judges to be recycling effectively will be selected as the winner.
- The next round of bin inspections will take place during April and May 2021.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you are registered, but no longer wish to participate in this program, please email your name and address to email@example.com
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
If you need a reply or can't find what you were looking for Contact Us or call (08) 8372 5111.