About Unley libraries
Well beyond your traditional library service, Unley Libraries offers you a place to relax, seek your amusement and find your answers.
We have an extensive range of informative and entertaining events for adults, including adult education opportunities, and an outstanding program of children's activities.
We are part of the South Australian One Card Network giving you access to the resources of around 130 libraries across the state.
See below for our locations and opening hours. Please note that all library branches are closed on public holidays (inc. Easter weekend). After hours returns chutes are available at both Unley Civic and Goodwood Libraries for your convenience.
Locations & Opening Hours
Unley Civic Library
181 Unley Road, Unley
Phone: (08) 8372 5100
101 Goodwood Road,Goodwood
Phone: (08) 8372 5166
Unley Toy Library
181 Unley Road, Unley
Phone: (08) 8372 5174
- 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 2 - 5pm
Reader's Lounge - Fullarton Park
411 Fullarton Road, Fullarton
Phone: (08) 8372 5167
Christmas opening hours
- Unley Civic Library will be closing at 3pm on Friday 24 December and closed Saturday 25 December - Tuesday 28 December. We will also be closing at 3pm on Friday 31 December and closed Saturday 1 January - Monday 3 January.
- Goodwood Library will be closing at 3pm on Friday 24 December and closed Saturday 25 December - Monday 3 January.
- Unley Toy Library will be closed Saturday 25 December - Monday 3 January.
- Fullarton Park Readers lounge will be closed Wednesday 15 December - Monday 31 January.
Libraries SA app
The Libraries SA App is a fantastic way to access your Libraries from your digital device.
Using the app you can:
- Store your library card, complete with barcode on your device.
- Store your family's library cards on one device.
- Search the catalogue from anywhere with an internet connection
- Access our statewide eLibrary resources with ease
- Scan any book, DVD or CD barcode to see if it’s in our libraries
- Manage your library account including extending loans and reserving items.
The app is free and available for both Apple iOS and Android devices.
We offer a range of mailing lists for our eNewsletters and you are encouraged to join at least our main eNewsletter to keep up to date with what is happening in the Libraries and also to receive some great content, including videos and regular recommendations from our library staff.
Along with our main eNewsletter, we also have:
- Unley Libraries Family eNewsletter
- Reboot Alert - get notified when our Reboot Digital Literacy Program releases its new brochure
- Student Wellbeing eNewsletter
- Unley Museum eNewsletter
- Unley Toy Library eNewsletter
Would you like to join us on your favourite social media?
You can find Unley Libraries on:
- Facebook - for events and notifications
- Instagram - for the experience of what you will find at your Libraries
- YouTube - where you will find our regular video series and meet our multi-talented staff.
Join us to enhance your library experience.
If you are a member of a public library in South Australia, you are already registered with us. If not, bring in your current identification with your name, address, signature and photo, and visit a branch of the Unley Libraries.
Everyone in the family can join - there is no age limit. If you are under 18 years, your parent/legal guardian is required provide their ID on your behalf.
Please bring your card with you when you visit your Libraries.
Most items are available for a four week loan, with the exceptions of DVDs/Blu-rays/CDs/computer games and magazines which are two week loans, Hot Speed Reads which are ten day loans and Hot Speed flicks which are seven day loans.
- You can borrow up to 100 items including 20 DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks & Wii games and one Hot Speed Read, children's early literacy or bilingual kit.
- Reserve up to 30 items at any one time.
- Heavily requested items will have their loan periods halved so waiting periods will be reduced.
- Borrow or return at any public library in South Australia.
- Renew your items twice if no one else has them requested.
- Receive email reminders three days before your due date.
- Please return your items by their due date as overdue items may incur a fee. To help prevent this, please always take your reminder slip when you borrow.
- Temporary and visitor memberships available.
For further information or assistance, please contact the Libraries.
Phone: 8372 5100
Or fill in the form below: