Welcome to our electronic collection. Here you will find fiction and nonfiction eBooks, magazines, and audiobooks to download.
Have your library card handy as some require you to login.
If you have any problems please don’t hesitate to contact the Libraries for help on 8372 5100 or 8372 5166.
eBooks & eAudiobooks
Further information for Overdrive
We offer a large collection of downloadable eBooks and Audiobooks. All titles can be accessed via the library catalogue or the service provider site above.
Download wirelessly to your compatible eReader, iPad, smart phone, mp3 player, PC and laptop anytime, 24-hours a day. Simply browse, check out, download and enjoy! Items are returned automatically on their due date.
Recommended app is Libby for Overdrive. Search for the app on your device's app store.
PLEASE NOTE: Kindle eReader & some other eReaders are NOT compatible with this service.
If you need assistance with this program there is information available online - Overdrive Help - and do not hesitate to phone or ask our staff at any time.
Further information for BorrowBox
What's on BorrowBox?
BorrowBox features a great range of eBook titles, but the really exciting piece is the huge collection of exclusive Audiobooks. Bolinda, BorrowBox’s parent company, publish a massive list of popular, big name titles. Also there is campaign titles…
What are Campaign titles?
Each month BorrowBox release a number of popular titles that can be offered as simultaneous usage titles, so a large number of our customers can borrow this title at the same time up to a total of 500 loans! Campaign titles are promoted for 1 month, and any of the 500 loans unused in that period will be available the next month as well.
How to access BorrowBox
- For the best experience, we recommend using the BorrowBox app for tablets or mobile phones (iOS or Android). These can be downloaded from you device's app store.
- You will need to login to BorrowBox with your library barcode and PIN. When you first register, you will be prompted for an email address.
- To access the PC version of BorrowBox click on the link above, scroll down and click on your home library to sign in with your library cad number and your PIN. If you are unsure of your home library, please contact your library to find out.
- For further information we have a Getting Started Guide(PDF, 413KB), but do not hesitate to ask our library staff.
Lending limits on BorrowBox
- Up to 10 Audiobooks and 10 eBooks at a time
- Loans are for a 21 day period
- Titles can be renewed up to two times if there are no holds.
eMagazines & eNewspapers
Further information for PressReader
With over 7,000 publications from over 100 countries in 60+ languages, PressReader is a leading digital newspaper and magazine provider. Explore titles such as Better Homes & Gardens, Gardening Australia, The Guardian, Vogue Australia, Women’s Weekly, and much more from all over the world. The PressReader platform allows library users to customise their reading experience, gain international perspectives, and engage with topics of interests through the bookmark, share, translate, and comment features.
PressReader subscriptions are all inclusive, meaning that all publications are made available without the need to select title-by-title. You have access to the entire PressReader catalogue with your library card.
New editions of newspapers and magazines are added to PressReader on the day of release. Three months of back issues are included. A text to speech facility is available.
Download the App
Getting Started Guide - Smartphone/tablet/iPad (app access)(PDF, 328KB)
Getting Started Guide - PC access(PDF, 258KB)
Movies, documentaries & video
Further information for Kanopy
Create a Kanopy account and log in with your library membership to enjoy a diverse catalogue of films. Your Kanopy account gives you:
- Ten play credits per month (ten films) - credits reset on the first of the month
- Three days to finish watching a film
- Access to Kanopy Kids - unlimited plays of movies and shows for children (to join Kanopy you must be over 13 years of age).
Getting started with Kanopy
You will need an active library membership, email address, and internet connection to access this service.
On your Laptop or PC
- Click here to open Kanopy
- Click the 'add library card' button
- Enter your library card number & PIN
- Add your name, email address & a password (you'll use these to log in to Kanopy)
- You're ready to go!
On your mobile device
Download the Kanopy app from your device's app store (available for Android and Apple devices). Follow the prompts to set up an account and find your library by searching 'Unley' and selecting the City of Unley Libraries.
Training & education
Language learning tool - Pronunciator
Please note: this is a trial period until the end of April 2021, to assess suitability for addition to the Libraries SA Digital Library. Pronunciator is a fun and free way to learn any of 164 languages, with personalised courses, videos, music and more. Includes new COVID-19 language course in 101 languages.
Further information for Ancestry
This service is usually only available using computers within the Libraries. However, for a limited time Libraries SA One Card members can access the service at home and elsewhere.
Visit Libraries SA and log in with your library card number and PIN. Choose 'Ancestry Library' from the list that appears
Ancestry provides access to an extensive range of genealogical resources from the United States and United Kingdom including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records. It also provides limited Australian coverage. To access this database you can visit either the Unley Civic Library or Goodwood Library and book on to use a public computer (this resource is unavailable outside the Libraries public computer network).
Please note: this is a trial period until the end of April 2021, to assess suitability for addition to the Libraries SA Digital Library. Haynes Manuals AllAccess is a database of over 640 online manuals, covering car and motorcycle maintenance and repair.