Make a difference in your community – enrol to vote

Published on 01 July 2022

Enrol Council Elections 2022

Enrolling to vote is the first step toward participating in your council elections. Voting in council elections is open to a broader range of people than the State and Federal Elections. 

Check if you are on the House of Assembly (State) Roll 

The voters’ roll for council elections consists of two components:

  1. the House of Assembly (State) Roll, and 
  2. the Council Supplementary Roll.

If you are on the House of Assembly Roll, you will automatically receive a voting pack mailed to your registered address.

If you have moved house or changed your name, you need to complete a new enrolment form, available at your local Post Office, or update your details on the Electoral Commission SA (ECSA) website.

If you are unsure if you are enrolled,  check your enrolment status on the ECSA website.

Re-enrol on the Council Supplementary Roll

It's not just Australian citizens or residents who can enrol to vote in council elections.

The broad categories for council election enrolment are:

  • Residents/Individuals
  • Resident/Business owners
  • Students
  • International students
  • Landlords
  • Body corporates
  • Group (joint owners/occupiers of a facility).


Apply to be on the Supplementary Roll by downloading and completing one of the enrolment forms below.

Please return your form by post, or deliver in person to the Unley Civic Centre, 181 Unley Road, Unley.

Forms must be received by Council before 5pm on Friday 29 July 2022. 

Form 1 - resident non-Australian citizen, sole property owner or occupier

Download Form 1

Complete Form 1 if you are a resident who:

  • lives in the City of Unley and
  • has lived in the property for at least one month and
  • is not on the House of Assembly Roll


  • you are a sole owner who owns property in the City of Unley and
  • are the only owner of the relevant property.


  •  you are a sole occupier who occupies property in the City of Unley as a tenant and 
  • do not live in the that property.

Form 2 - business or organisation (Body Corporate)

Download Form 2

To enrol as a business or organisation (Body Corporate) which is either a sole owner or sole occupier, complete Form 2.

A designated person is required to vote on behalf of the body corporate.

Form 3 - group property owner or occupier

Download Form 3

Complete Form 3 where a property is owned by more than one owner (ie a group owner) or occupied by more than one owner/tenant (ie group occupier).


Tagged as: