Unley Toy Library
Unley Toy Library provides for children at all levels of development. Friendly, knowledgeable staff can advise and assist you in selecting the right toys specifically for your child.
Our collection covers people from 0-100 years! Whilst the majority focuses on 0-12 years, there are puzzles and games that offer a challenge to people of all ages.
We are particularly proud of our range of games and puzzles and physical activity collection, all of which we strive to keep as relevant as possible. We display our collection in areas of development including: sensory-motor, social and emotional development, concept development, language development, strategic thinking, reading skills, art, science and mathematics.
Party Hire Collection
We have a collection of party hire toys that members can book for their child's birthday or celebration.
- Party hire toys are a four day loan covering the weekend or a mid-week party.
- Members can borrow two party hire toys in addition to the eight toys included with their membership.
- A full family or group membership is required for Party Hire.
Download a copy of our Party Hire brochure.(PDF, 4MB)
All residents of South Australia can join the Unley Toy Library. Simply bring some identification with your name, address, signature and photograph. You will receive a specific Unley Toy Library membership card. Membership is not transferrable to other toy libraries.
To join the Unley Toy Library an annual fee is payable:
- Families $50 (inc. GST) per annum (8 toys at a time)
- Groups $70 (inc. GST) per annum (15 toys at a time)
- Temporary membership $10 (inc. GST) once off 4 week loan, conditions apply (8 toys at time)
Temporary memberships are available in some circumstances.
- Most toys are available for four-week loan
- Short-term party hire equipment is available-Bookings essential
- Each family membership can borrow eight toys and each group membership can borrow fifteen toys at one time
- Before borrowing toys, please check that all the pieces listed on the label are in the container and report any damaged or missing to a staff member
- Please ask if you need to extend a loan on your toys. Not all toys are able to be extended due to limited availability
- No holds/reservations. Only party hire equipment can be booked.
All items are to be returned to the Unley Toy Library.
When returning items, please:
- Brush any outside toys or games to ensure they are rid of spiders or insects
- Clean with a mild detergent or antiseptic, where appropriate
- Ensure toys are in the same packaging in which they were borrowed and contain all the pieces listed on the packaging
- Advise a staff member if pieces have been damaged or are missing so that payment or replacement may be negotiated
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
If you need a reply or can't find what you were looking for Contact Us or call (08) 8372 5111.