This morning we received the following directives to accompany the Swimming Centres current Covid Safe Plan from the SA Government. Essentially we have two major changes to our existing model of operation:
- Masks are now mandatory for all patrons 12 years and above when on site, noting that masks are not required when in the water or while eating or drinking. (Lifeguards, swim instructors and swim coaches while directing the public remain exempt from this requirement).
- Consumption of food and beverages within the facility can only be done whilst seated.
Patrons entering the facility will still need to follow the following requirements:
- Book into the allocated sessions online prior to arriving.
- Scan the QR Code or complete the manual sign in prior to entry.
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the booked session time and wait for the previous session to finish prior to entering the water.
- Adhere to the allocated timeslot and session type. (Sessions can not be mixed, therefore lap swimmers must only use the lap lanes and recreation swimmers must only use the recreation spaces).
- Keep their visit to the facility limited to a maximum of two hours (including change access to change facilities)
To keep our customers and patrons safe we will continue to strongly encourage patrons to:
- Arrive swim ready and limit their time in the change facilities to no more than 10 minutes.
- Ensure appropriate social distancing occurs. To assist with this, Café seating around the facility has been adjusted. (Please do not move furniture from its set location)
- Adhere to the Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene terms and conditions listed on unley.sa.gov.au
Staff will be reinforcing these guidelines to maintain the safety of all people on site, we thank you for respecting the directions as they are provided. These restrictions are based on current advice and may change.